Fall Camp 2017 has been booked for the weekend of September 29 to October 1 at:
Dunn Memorial Scout Camp – Powerscourt. This is about 55 min drive from Montreal by Bus.
September 29 at 5:30pm (drop off at bus) to Sunday, October 1, arrival back between 2:00pm and 4:00pm
SIGN UP (sheet 5). Get in touch with Baloo for any questions.
When: Friday Sept 29 to Sunday Oct 1
Drop Off Time & Location: Metro Beaconsfield – Friday 1700 Hrs
Pick Up Time: Metro Beaconsfield – Sunday 1430 hrs (TBC)
Where: Dunn Memorial Scout Camp ( South of Huntingdon – 2479 Chemin de la 1 Concession, Elgin, QC J0S 2E0)
Cost: 65$ – Cost of the camp ($35), bus ($30) and all activities and food. To be paid before Camp. Cash or Check made to Beaconsfield Scouts Canada
For the fall camp, the Cubs will be sleeping in tents.
Below is the packing list:
FALL CAMP 2017 PACKING LIST
Photocopy of MEDICARE CARD and all medication with written instructions. (No copy of Card, No Camp, No Exceptions!)
FULL LIST – 55L Pack or large backpack (recommended to keep gear together)
- Sleeping Bag
- Blanket (Optional, but may be a good idea depending on sleeping bag rating!)
- Sleeping Mat or Pad
- Small Pillow
- Long pants (2)
- Socks (3) / Underwear (3)
- T-Shirts (2)
- Hat/Tuque, Mitts/Gloves (check weather)
- Wool socks (extra for in backpack)
- Pajamas (2)
- Rain Gear (rain jacket / poncho)
- Rubber Boots
- Water bottle
- Bug repellent
- Flashlight (with spare batteries)
- Mess Kit (Plate, bowl, cup, cuttlery)
- Towel and Laundry Bag
- Wash Bag: Facecloth, Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap in a container, comb / brush
- Note pad and pencil
- Plastic bags (3) (1 Bag for Wet Clothes, 2 Bags to keep feet dry if boots get wet)
- Optional items: Sleeping Buddy, Campfire Blanket, Camp Chair, Diary, Survival kit and Compass
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING WITH YOUR CHILDS NAME.
DAYPACK – Small Back Pack
The daypack is to be carried to all activities and has back-up items in case the cub gets cold or their gear is wet. Please have the cub pack their daypack so they know where everything is. School backpack is fine. Please separate from the above full list the following items and pack in the daypack
- Hat and Mitts/Gloves
- Wool Socks
- Rain Gear (Rain jacket)
- Water Bottle
- Bug Repellant
- Spare batteries for flashlight
- Mess Kit (Plate, Cup, Bowl, Knife, Fork, Spoon)
- Notepad and pencil
- Plastic bags (2)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and Vaseline or lip balm
- Optional survival kit, compass, diary and binoculars
TO WEAR to Camp
- Full Uniform including neckerchief and woggle
- Shirt under uniform
- Long Pants
- Warm Jacket
- Warm Boots/Hikers and Good Socks
- Flashlight in a pocket (it will be dark when we arrive)
All other items from the full list are to be packed in a BACKPACK: 55 L or larger backpack (not mandatory but suggested). Hockey bag or larger duffle bag is fine.
Please note it’s preferable to pack in proper back packs so the Cubs can carry all their clothing and equipment.
Photocopy of MEDICARE CARD (No copy of Card, No Camp, No Exceptions!)
Please do NOT bring any electronic items (DS, phones etc), pocket knives or food. Any such items will be confiscated by the Leaders and returned to the Cubs after camp. Please ensure ALL items are marked with your Cubs name or initials. It is very difficult to repatriate lost items if they are not marked.
For Emergencies during the weekend, please contact the following numbers: TBC
Looking forward to seeing all the Cubs there that weekend!